BFA and WFA similarities are as follows;
Both basic mineral: α-Al2O3
Both PH Value: Neutral
Both Max.usable temperature in air is 1900 Celsius degree, decomposition point is 2250 Celsius degree.
Both main chemical composition of finished products are: Al2O3
Both main applications are: in refractory and abrasives products.
Both Mohs hardness are: 9.0,
Differences are below;
BFA bulk density is (1.53~1.99g/cm3) and true density (3.90g/cm3). While WFA bulk density (1.75~1.95g/cm3) and true density (3.95~3.97g/cm3).
Main raw material of BFA is bauxite, and main raw material of WFA is calcined alumina powder.
BFA has Al2O3 content of 95% Min., WFA has Al2O3 Content of 99% Min.
BFA has refractory temperature 1850 Celsius degree, WFA has refractory temperature 2100 Celsius degree.
Although their Mohs hardness is 9.0,WFA is even harder than BFA, and BFA is more flexible than WFA.
1. Different raw materials: The raw material of BFA is bauxite, in addition to anthracite and iron,But the raw material of WFA is alumina powder.
2. Different usage: Brown Fused Alumina can be used to manufacture ceramics, resin high-consolidation abrasives, grinding, polishing, sand blasting, precision casting, etc., and can also be used to manufacture advanced refractory materials. White Fused Alumina is suitable for grinding fine-grained abrasives such as high-carbon steel, high-speed steel and stainless steel. White Fused Alumina can also be used for precision casting and advanced refractory materials.
3. Different properties: Brown Fused Alumina has the characteristics of high purity, good crystallization, strong fluidity, low linear expansion coefficient, and corrosion resistance. White Fused Alumina has the characteristics of high purity, good self-sharpness, acid and alkali corrosion resistance, high temperature resistance, and stable thermal performance. In comparison, the hardness of White Fused Alumina is higher than that of brown fused alumina.
4. Different composition: Although Brown Fused Alumina and White Fused Alumina both contain alumina, the alumina content of White Fused Alumina is above 99%, and the content of Brown Fused Alumina is about 95%.
5. Different colors: Because the alumina content of White Fused Alumina is higher than that of brown corundum, the color of White Fused Alumina is white, and the Brown Fused Alumina is brown black.
6. Different production: White Fused Alumina is produced with alumina powder (same as raw material for electrolytic aluminum), while Brown Fused Alumina is produced with calcined bauxite.
7. Different objects: White Fused Alumina is used by some high-end users, because its cutting strength is better, and its polishing effect is also very good. It is mostly used for carbon steel, alloy steel, malleable cast iron, hard bronze, etc., while Brown Fused Alumina is the market Generally used, it is also a relatively large amount on the market, mostly used for hardened steel, high speed steel, high carbon steel, etc.
White Fused Alumina has strong cutting force and is used to remove metal or non-metallic burrs and pre-batch burrs. It has the function of polishing the surface of parts and belongs to medium polishing abrasives. Brown Fused Alumina is used to remove burrs on the surface of hardware parts such as stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminum alloy. The grinding of Brown Fused Alumina is not as delicate and bright as White Fused Alumina.
Learn more info:http://www.artificialabrasives.com/Brown Fused Alumina,White Fused Alumina